NASHVILLE, TENN., November 3, 1864-9. 30 p. m.
Major General D. S. STANLEY, Pulaski:
Have you seen or heard anything of Colonel Capron and his brigade of cavalry? He left Nashville on Monday last for Pulaski. Will order the FIFTY-first Indiana to report to General Wood as soon as possible.
GEO. H. THOMAS,
Major-General, U. S. Volunteers, Commanding.
PULASKI, TENN., November 3, 1864-10 p. m.
Major General GEORGE H. THOMAS:
I have no additional news since my last dispatch. I have citizen scouts at Lawrenceburg; have not heard from them. The regiment sent by General Hatch to that place will be there by daylight to-morrow. I think the force of rebels seen there is the 500 that crossed at Clifton some days ago. Do not think they can move in force without my knowing it. Wagner and the artillery should be here to-morrow. Can you send me Rosecrans' map of Tennessee?
D. S. STANLEY,
DECATUR, November 3, 1864.
Major General D. S. STANLEY:
Your dispatch were forwarded to General Whitaker immediately upon their receipt, and were acknowledge by him. The new regiments intended for you have been sent to Elk River and other points by direction of General Thomas.
R. S. GRANGER,
SHOAL CREEK BRIDGE, November 3, 1864-5 p. m.
Major-General STANLEY, Pulaski:
The rebels are reported crossing in force at the mouth of Blue Water, ten miles above this place. Report does not say whether cavalry or infantry; I suppose the former. I will move to Lexington to-night, and suppose I can get to Pulaski that route. I suggest that General Hatch move at once on the Lamb's Ferry road.
JOHN T. CROXTON,
Brigadier-General of Volunteers.
STEVENSON, November 3, 1864-10 a. m.
Captain L. BRIDGES,
Chief of Artillery, Fourth Army Corps, Athens:
Hurry up and get off as soon as possible. Did you get my dispatch of last night telling you not to wait for Marshall and Thomasson? They have both gone, via Nashville. Don't wait a moment after you get your four batteries unloaded.
By order of Major-General Stanley:
WM. H. SINCLAIR,