War of the Rebellion: Serial 057 Page 0021 Chapter XLIV. GENERAL REPORTS.

Search Civil War Official Records

[Inclosure Numbers 2.]

List of military store-houses built and in process of construction at Chattanooga, Tenn., May 1, 1864.

No. Location. Dimensions. By whom Condition.

used

Feet.

1 On river front 150 by 40 Captain C. Completed

of Market K. Smith, May 1, '64

street assistant

quartermast

er.

1 do 300 by 50 do. do.

2 do 300 by 50 Captain A. do.

D. Baker,

commissary

of

subsistence

1 On river Market 50 by 20 Captain H. do.

street M. Smith,

assistant

quartermast

er

1 In rear of 204 by 40 do. do.

depot

quartermaster's

office.

1 On Market 250 by 50 do. do.

street

1 do 115 by 50 Buildings One-

for fourth

engineer completed

department

1 In rear of 300 by 50 Buildings do.

market-house for

commissary

department.

1 On Market 460 by 50 Buildings do.

street for

ordnance

department.

1 On river-bank --- do. One-third

(brick completed.

magazine)

1 In rear of 154 by 40 Buildings Foundation

depot for being laid

quartermaster's quartermast

office er's

department

L. C. EASTON,

Lieutenant-Colonel and Chief Quartermaster.

HEADQUARTERS DEPARTMENT OF THE CUMBERLAND,

Office Chief Quartermaster, Ringgold, Ga., May 6, 1864.

[Inclosure Numbers 3.]

LIST OF U. S. STEAMERS PLYING ON THE UPPER TENNESSEE RIVER, MAY 1, 1864.

Chickamauga, built by quartermaster's department at Bridgeport, Ala.

Chattanooga, built by quartermaster's department at Bridgeport, Ala.

Kingston, built by quartermaster's department at Bridgeport, Ala.

Lookout, built by quartermaster's department at Bridgeport, Ala.

Missionary, built quartermaster's department at Bridgeport, Ala.

Paint Rock, captured at Chattanooga.

Gun-boat A, built by quartermaster's department at Bridgeport, Ala.

Gun-boat B, built by quartermaster's department at Bridgeport, Ala.

Fourteen barges, built by quartermaster's department at Bridgeport, Ala.

Three more boats have been built at Bridgeport, and are now receiving their engines and joiner-work.

L. C. EASTON,

Lieutenant-Colonel and Chief Quartermaster.

HEADQUARTERS DEPARTMENT OF THE CUMBERLAND,

Chief Quartermaster's Office, Ringgold, Ga., May 6, 1864.